When I returned home from a long day out with friends the week before Christmas, I was stunned to find four large carps in one of our bathrooms. Actually it scared me quite a bit. My host dad heard my reaction from a couple rooms away and with tears of laughter came in to explain that we would eat them for dinner, and they are kept in the tub so that they will be clean to eat. That was probably the only really strange thing that happened for Christmas. We had a great dinner, opened presents, and went to mass at 12 midnight (not fun after being exhausted from drinking all day).
After Christmas I went back to Vienna, Austria to see the world famous Christmas lights. I was not disappointed. Spending the night in Baden, Austria (where Beethoven wrote most of his music) was a great getaway from my home away from home.
No comments:
Post a Comment